Sunday, March 13, 2011

Madison and beyond

Yesterday I watched via live streaming internet the rally in Madison. I wished I could have been there. I wish that spirit of fighting and determination were with me here. But here I have doctors, family members, neighbors, my children's friend's parents that think that my husband is a lazy good for nothing greedy union member.

They did not think this last month. They thought he was an upstanding officer of the law. He did nothing different to change their opinion.

What changed was politics. Scott Walker got elected and although he vowed to make public sector employees pay more for benies, he said nothing about stripping them of their collective bargaining rights. So naturally there were protests. Okay, many many many protests that made me believe there was life in the working families of America after all. Then the rhetoric went insane.

That is how my hard working husband, who has to work two jobs by the way became a lazy good for nothing slob and hippie too.

Maybe it is the TV. I remember my daughter once watching commercials and asking for everything she saw. She asked for Dora's kitchen although she already had one. She even asked for a life insurance policy when she was four! If TV has that much of a hypnotic effect on people then maybe it should come with some warning labels.

But here in the real, non TV world I can only hope for the spirit of Madison to reach my community and go beyond before all public servants, muslims, liberals, gays, unwed mothers and ....oh I am sure this will go on until almost all people are lazy good for nothings unless you are a billionare and all the rest are stripped of all our money rights and dignity and what remains of the humanity of some of us

No comments:

Post a Comment