Sunday, March 27, 2011

And the war goes on

Not the one in Libya, but the one in America, against the middle class. It is surreal what the new dictator is trying to do, along with dictators that took over other states. They want to rip money from the poor, the working, the schools, anything that is publicly owned and ran and give it to the wealthy.

These people are ruthless. It is not enough to be uber rich but they want power too. And they want everyone else to be poor. And they got us all fighting against each other so that not as many are fighting them.

But some are. A lot are. From London, to California, Ohio, Wisconsin, Canada (they threw their neocon out bless their hearts).

And so am I. In the last ten years my family's standard of living has plummeted. My husband is in the same job, took another job in fact, but we can no longer take vacations, buy a car, have birthday parties for our kids. But most of all we cannot even have time with our kids together since he needs to work so much. This is not the life we planned on. And now we do not even know if his pension will still be there and allow us a retirement.

But I am done crying for the life that was taken from me by the uber rich. I am fighting now, not for myself but for my children. Even as I must work hard to fight the tyrants leaving little time for them I am doing it for their future, so they have a better one than me. So it does not turn back into the baron robber nighmare America of the 1890's That is all that is left for me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment